SNMP support for TP-Link products

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-03 02:48:52
Region : Portugal

Model : TL-WA730RE

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Greetings

I am currently working on a project for my university. That main objective is to get SNMP values from an access point, and monitor them. The SNMP objects I need to retrieve are in the IEEE 802dot11-MIB, dot11FailedCount, dot11FCSErrorCount and dot11RTSThreshold.

So I connected my TP-Link WA730RE Range Extender / Access Point (in AP mode) to my laptop and successfully ran the command snmpwalk, to get all the objects available, but there were none from the 802dot11-MIB. However, when I go to the configuration page on the device, under "Wireless" -> "Wireless Advanced" I can configure the "RTS Threshold" value. Is this made through SNMP or via linux internal command on the device?

I would also need some MIB object to know the system load. (CPU load or something).

Could you recommend me any other TP-Link product that supports the 802dot11-MIB and has the system load available via SNMP?
Does the WA730RE have these capabilities, and I am doing something wrong?

Thank you for your attention
Options
2 Reply
Re:SNMP support for TP-Link products
2013-05-08 15:48:07
it's said that TP-LINK 11N AP V2 can support SNMP while she, TP-LINK do not provide MIB object...
it asks users, ourselves to add public MIB into SNMP management software.
Besides, there is no any other products supporting SNMP management.
Options
Re:SNMP support for TP-Link products
2013-06-13 20:32:24
it's really sad. I have some W8970 in use with SNMP-support.
I'm missing more functions of the trap agent (the agent only notifies reboots).
With snmpwalk i walked through the OIDs, but there are just less options to read (only network-statistics and IPs for the onboard nics).

I'm waiting for a trap notification for 3G-state, which should tell me when router switches to failover-option 3G. Would be a nice feature - not just for me - small companies could use this router for failover-management and the admin could be notified if an error of the primary WAN happened.

I've written several mails to TP-Link Support but no reaction until now.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4072

Replies: 2