Parental Control / Access Controll to force VPN usage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-03 15:41:22
Region : Europe

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : Germany

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 3.13.13 Build 130428 Rel.58290n

ISP :

Hello TP-Link community & support!

I'am a user of perfect-privacy.com (who provide VPN access for safe internet usage) and want to force the users of my internet connection to use perfect-privacy. On my old router i only allow access to the domain *.perfect-privacy.com and deny all other domains. To surf the web it was nessesary to connect via VPN (example server: moscow.perfect-privacy.com) to surf the web.

I've tested the Parental Control, but when i have activated it, i can access perfect-privacy.com, but i can't open a VPN connection to a Perfect Privacy server. Is there any way to configure Parental Controll to allow VPN connections, or realize me needs in another way?

Best regards,

Mike
Options
2 Reply
Re:Parental Control / Access Controll to force VPN usage
2013-05-12 13:56:42
Who has any idea ?
Options
Re:Parental Control / Access Controll to force VPN usage
2013-05-13 04:12:51
you cannot redirect but force people using perfect-privacy.com with the "Access Control" feature.

You have to enable access control and select "Allow the packets specified by any enabled access control policy to pass through the Router" (which mean by default, any domain request is forbiden except the one you mention in the rule)

Then configure a rule using the wizard.

In the "Quick Setup - Create a Host Entry" select IP Address mode.In the host description enter "ALL Hosts" and in the LAN IP address range enter your DHCP range of you LAN network.

click NEXT

In the "Quick Setup - Create an Access Target Entry"

Select the Domain Name mode. In the target description enter "Allowed domain". In domain name enter "www.perfect-privacy.com"

click NEXT

In the "Quick Setup - Create an Advanced Schedule Entry"

Schedule Description: All Day

Days : EveryDay

Time: all day-24 hours

click NEXT

the give a rule name in the "Quick Setup - Create an Internet Access Control Entry" and then click the FINISH button.

Now every request is denied except the one you created....
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 776

Replies: 2

Related Articles