Wdr7500

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wdr7500

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wdr7500
Wdr7500
2013-05-04 19:07:26
Region : Netherlands

Model : TL-WDR4900

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.32 Build 130329 Rel.36413n

ISP : UPC

I'd like to start with a message for the mods as I notice all other WDR7500 threads have been closed!? I've bought this modem in the Netherlands, via an authorized reseller and it can be found on your GLOBAL website (as well as country websites).

Status
Firmware Version:
3.13.32 Build 130329 Rel.36413n
Hardware Version:
Archer C7 v1 00000000

Since installing the router I've been having big trouble maintaining a continuous connection! E.g. I start a 100mb download and after only 4-12seconds the connection is lost completely, the download just stops (used bandwith monitor to measure if ANY in/out going traffic was having place). During these few seconds the WEBGUI of the Archer C7 becomes completely unstable, and refuses to load properly. (making it look like this is a firmware or even hardware problem)
I've tried this not only on several PC's via various websites, but also on my phone, xbox and NAS. Nothing works properly!

Shutting down HARDWARE NAT, solved part of the problem. I can now download a 1000mb without getting shut down entirely, but the whole time the WEBGUI is slow as hell and when I try downloading torrents (lot's of different connections) hell freezes over.
NOW I know it isn't an ISP problem, nor a cable problem as everything works fine with my shitty old Sitcom router, and even better when directly connecting 1 pc to the internet.

My story is quite similar to the other 2 I read on the internet, so this gives reason to believe TP-Link F***ed up and I would like to see a quick solution to this problem.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Wdr7500
2013-05-10 16:32:32
How much speed did your service provider offered? Once you start the torrent download, the router got freezed? Have you sent a E-mail to their support? Waiting the response or any official response already?
Options
Re:Wdr7500
2013-05-11 20:21:50

cora wrote

How much speed did your service provider offered? Once you start the torrent download, the router got freezed? Have you sent a E-mail to their support? Waiting the response or any official response already?

Service provider offers 50mb/s, with a direct connection (so cutting out the router) I get that spot on, and even with my old sitecom router I get speeds of around 46mb/s (even with heavy usage on the internal network).

Once I start any sort of download (usenet, http, https, ftp or torrent) the TP-link router just disconnects the wan connection after a few seconds. Though as I've found out only when I have Hardware NAT enabled.
So when I turn off hardware NAT everything works quite well (still not perfect) and I've read that this is a common problem, even on other/older routers. You would expect from such a big company that they would fix such a major issue in their newest/top product.

Customer support still has not replied to any emails I've send (4 emails, in 8 days by now) so this gives very little confidence for the future. And as everyone can see also no reply via this so-called 'Tech Support Forum'.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 731

Replies: 2

Related Articles