wa730re

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

wa730re

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
wa730re
wa730re
2013-05-05 18:21:31
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA730RE

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all, i have a wa730re set up as an extender, it is located downstairs and i use it to connect my sky+ box to on demand, all is working ok except one little annoying thing...
My PC which is upstairs I want to keep connected to my router, which has very good signal. But for some reason the pc keeps changing and connecting to the rage extender, the main problem is that it occansionally drops the signal, which is bad when online gaming as it means a DC.
Is there any way to stop a wireless PC from connecting to the range extender and only stay connected to the router?

If i unplug the extender then everythig is ok, as soon as i plug the exteneder back in the PC starts to get dc's again.

Many thanks, Richie.
Options
2 Reply
Re:wa730re
2013-05-06 15:41:35
Your PC would connect to the wifi with better signal automatically.
If you do not want to connect range extender, you may move extender away and the signal of extender will get weaker for your PC.
Options
Re:wa730re
2013-05-06 16:59:59
Thats what i thought, ive put the extender downstairs and removed the antenna but its still a very strong signal! surprised how good a signal it puts out,
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 385

Replies: 2

Related Articles