Unstable wifi with TL-WA730RE v2 using wpa/wpa2 security

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-09 03:49:56
Region : Others

Model : TL-WA730RE

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 3.16.6 Build 130510 Rel.63318n

ISP :

Unstable wifi with TL-WA730RE v2
Region : Lebanon
Model : TL-WA730RE
Hardware Version : V2

I have a TL-WA730REv2, and am trying to extend a wireless network from a TL-WR841N. I have successfully setup the WA730RE as a repeater and it is correctly extending my WiFi signal, but after some time i lose my wifi signal from the extender and reconnect to the original router,
i tried so many things and at last i tried the wep security and it works fine from 3 weeks ago . but the problem is that the wep is not the most secured so any one can help ?

Thanks,
Options
8 Reply
Re:Unstable wifi with TL-WA730RE v2 using wpa/wpa2 security
2013-07-09 18:36:14
I have the same issue.
I havent tried with WEP but when i tried with no security, the repeater works fine.
I guess they need to release new firmware to resolve this issue.
Its a bad bussiness selling a repeater that can not repeat wifi signal.
Options
2013-07-10 13:05:23
Tried using WEP and now the RE has works flawlessly for half a day. Usually with WPA/WPA2, it works only 1hour tops.
Just FYI, my router is Wireless-G so it is okay to use WEP.
Hope TP-Link read this discussion board and resolve this issue.

In here: http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?model=TL-WA730RE
they said the RE is fully compatible with 54mbps product and provides WPA/WPA2 encryptions.
So unless they want this product to be falsely advertised, they need to address this issue.
Options
2013-07-10 14:01:16
try to change wireless channel on your original router and reset the range extender under WPA/WPA2 encryption~
Options
2013-07-13 12:56:44

Simon wrote

try to change wireless channel on your original router and reset the range extender under WPA/WPA2 encryption~

we tried different kind of settings and security, why are you thinking that we haven't tried changing wireless channel?
trust me, i have tried and still only working for short amounts of time.
now using WEP its working flawlessly for days.
its not us, its the product.
Options
2013-07-16 14:07:03

bangateng wrote

we tried different kind of settings and security, why are you thinking that we haven't tried changing wireless channel?
trust me, i have tried and still only working for short amounts of time.
now using WEP its working flawlessly for days.
its not us, its the product.

Sorry about that while I just try my best to provide some help~ Anyway, you may contact TP support if it's the problem of the product. After all, we are just customers.
Options
2013-07-16 21:32:52

Simon wrote

Sorry about that while I just try my best to provide some help~ Anyway, you may contact TP support if it's the problem of the product. After all, we are just customers.

Sorry if i offended you, mate. I dont mean to. Its just because this product so crap, it makes me nuts. In my place, most store dont have return policy so im stuck with this junk. Next time, better spend a little more $$$ than buying tp-link product.
Options
2013-07-17 13:46:07

bangateng wrote

Sorry if i offended you, mate. I dont mean to. Its just because this product so crap, it makes me nuts. In my place, most store dont have return policy so im stuck with this junk. Next time, better spend a little more $$$ than buying tp-link product.

hey, mate. understand your situation completely. Since we can't get a good solution from here, it's necessary to contact support@tp-link.com
After all, it may be good for other customers if TP can release or provide new firmware to solve the related issue.
Options
2014-03-01 11:52:21
Has anyone found a solution to this? I just bought this and having the same issue brought me here, I'm very disappointed, we need a fix please!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1002

Replies: 8