Failed to configure SoftAP/No Internet Access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-07 18:36:38
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WN822N

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : Private

Hello,

I recently purchased the TL-WN822N, version 2, for my PC (call it B). My network layout is such that I have a Linksys router setup with one computer (call it A) that transmits the wireless for the house. Our ISP is a private company, for our own reasons, if that means anything - regarding I.P addresses for example.

My PC can connect to the router perfectly and I have no problems with that connection whatsoever. However, I discovered I could configure the adapter to re-transmit the wireless from my PC (B) which meant my PS3 could have a better and more consistent signal. I switched the Soft AP on yesterday and it worked perfectly, I didn't have to do a thing but connect the PS3 to the new signal.

I tried today and the PS3 simply timed out, it couldn't connect. I checked my PC, clicking the signal icon on the bottom right, (B) and found that whilst it was there it said "No Internet Access." I have researched a number of things, changing DNS to 8.8.8.8, 8.8.8.4 and checking the services for ICS is set to automatic to no avail.

Now on top of this, I find I cannot configure the SoftAP anymore. Instead of just "No Internet Access", the TP-Link will now no longer configure successfully. (Failed to configure Soft AP)

Through some research, I wonder if perhaps I am getting the networks confused and instead of the adapter recognising my PC(B) as the receiver, from which it can then retransmit via the adapter, it thinks my PC(B) is the connection itself, instead of A.

Sorry for any confusion and I hope I have made things clear, happy to post any configs if necessary - all help appreciated.

Craig
Options
1 Reply
Re:Failed to configure SoftAP/No Internet Access
2013-05-08 09:30:50
really confused...
what's the operating system of your PC? It can't support Soft AP on some OS.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1384

Replies: 1

Related Articles