ARP list before rebooting and Hardware NAT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-11 23:24:02
Region : Spain

Model : TL-WDR4900

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.14.7 Build 130424 Rel.72646n

ISP : Movistar

Good afternoon, I recently purchased a TP-Link Router WDR4900 and I have found that if I have activated the function "Hardware NAT" MAC addresses do not work reserved for ARP list.

That is, if I reserve a MAC address in "Binding Settings" by clicking the box "bind" and function "Hardware NAT" is enabled and restart the router, not reserved MAC addresses stored.

However, if the function "Hardware NAT" is disabled and reboot the router, the ARP table with the MAC addresses appears set manually.

I pray you take into consideration this problem in the next software update because the ARP table is essential to use "Wake On Lan" from outside the network and now I have to keep off "Hardware NAT".

The software version is 3.14.7 Build 130424 Rel.72646n.

Thank you.
Options
3 Reply
Same issue
2013-07-18 17:38:22
I have exactly the same problem. Actually not just reboot, even re-connect the WAN cable will cause the arp binding list to fail. I have been in contact with one technician in TP-LINK,hopefully they will solve it.

Maybe you can make IP reservation for the computer to see if the Wake-on-lan will still work after reboot.
Options
Re:ARP list before rebooting and Hardware NAT
2013-07-28 17:08:36
Hello, the IP reservation doesn't solve the problem. Thanks!
Options
Re:ARP list before rebooting and Hardware NAT
2014-07-20 02:09:39
Time has passed and the TP-Link technicians are inmorals. Many problems. I will never buy a device of this company ever.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 441

Replies: 3

Related Articles