TL-WR941ND bridges, connects PC/ipad but not Galaxy S2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-13 18:05:22
Region : Others

Model : TL-WR941ND

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 3.13.9 Build 120201 Rel.54965n

ISP : Ezecom

My TL-WR941ND wireless router bridges to either of two other routers (in adjacent apartments), one of which is connected by cable to the ISP.

This router also connects to each of my ipad 2, laptop and Galaxy S2 (Android 4.1.2) phone.
However, only the ipad and laptop can access internet via this setup. The Android phone cannot.

All three of the devices (Android, laptop, ipad) can access internet by connecting to either of the other two routers in the bridge. But the signal to these is not so strong.

I cannot work out why the Android cannot connect to internet via the TP-Link.

I'm a novice at best when it comes to wireless routers and the like but I can at least get to the router control panel and make changes or check settings there if needed. Any suggestions as to what to look for in diagnosing this?

Note: Hardware version: "v2/v3"
Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-WR941ND bridges, connects PC/ipad but not Galaxy S2
2013-12-08 23:20:24
how about dhcp setting? i got this same problem next day after rebooting my TL-WR941ND
Options
Re:TL-WR941ND bridges, connects PC/ipad but not Galaxy S2
2013-12-09 17:18:37
I think you can assign a static IP to you S2.
Options
Resolved. IP address should have been assigned by bridge
2013-12-16 17:42:43
This seems to be resolved. Sorry I cannot use the right terminology to explain the solution but my landlord had set up my router to assign IP addresses when apparently (according to IT friend who dropped by and changed my settings) it should come from the bridging router, else we get conflicts. I imagine this is obvious to forum participants but landlord was adamant that his way was right.
Thanks to those proposing answers - perhaps the DHCP one was the right answer, better described than my one?
Options
TL-WA901ND in Repeater mode won't allow android devices to access internet
2014-02-02 20:29:32
Hello! Read about this above but not sure if its the same issue?

Using a TL-WA901ND. I searched around and saw youtube clips showing access to some setup screens allowing changes of SSID and such but whenever I access my unit via tplinkap.net it takes me only to quick setup screen ... unable to change much in there.

Used universal survey and followed through instructions to complete set up as repeater.

iOS devices no problems. Android devices (tablets / phones) able to access network that is repeated but unable to connect to internet.

Used universal survey and followed through instructions to complete set up as repeater.

Of the 3 antennas I've changed 1 to an 8 dbi antenna to improve through-wall access. Thanks very much.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 577

Replies: 4

Related Articles