TL-wa730re No increase in range....at all!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-12 03:11:50
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA730RE

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : SKY

Hi There,

I've recently bought this product. I was unable to set it up, (I have a MAC), however after calling the helpline, the technician got it all configured correctly. All the LEDs are lit up to suggest it is working however it doesn't seem to improve the range at all. My router is a sagem one provided by Sky and is in a downstairs room of my house. My computer is approximately 10m away in an upstairs room. It's an old house with solid brick walls. Placing the range extender halfway between the two does'nt seem to have had an effect at all. I've tried moving the router nearer the computer. Even when the router is 5 meters away with the range extender in between it doesn't increase the signal to gain a connection. is there a way to test it?

When attached to computer via ethernet it occasionally states 'no signal' or between 69 & 49Db however if I then unplug and move away it still doesn't allow a connection.

I'm at the end of my tether, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Paul
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-wa730re No increase in range....at all!
2013-05-13 14:22:57
hi Paul,

you may need to check:
1. does the Range extender(the first one from the right) lit? this one should be flashing if you got a connection.
2. or connect TP-LINK to your computer via LAN cable, disconnect the WIFI on this computer, if you have internet access, meaning the extender is doing it's job.

if it does work like above suggestions, but it does not improve the range, try to restart both SKY sagem Router and TP-LINK.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 452

Replies: 1

Related Articles