TL-WR841N and Vista Local Only Access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-15 03:18:07
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR841N

Hardware Version : V8

Firmware Version : 3.13.27 Build 121101 Rel.38183n

ISP : Virgin Media

Hi,

I have recently purchased and installed a TL-WR841N wireless router to replace an older system. After following all of the quick install guide and the like I got it set up and working correctly both wired and wireless. However one laptop in the household, an Acer Aspire 5315 running Windows Vista 32bit, does not connect. Using an ethernet cable works fine but the wireless signal is seen and appears to connect but does not find the internet and states Local Only Access. When connected wirelessly I also cannot ping the device but when connected with a cable I can and get a good return.

The firmware is up to date on the router and the latop is full up to date with drivers and windows updates.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.Thanks in advance
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WR841N and Vista Local Only Access
2013-05-15 22:08:37
I have a TL-WR841N V8 wireless router as well and I have no issue at all using the wireless setting.

If you have Zone Alarm or Kaspersky installed then please see the FAQ bellow:

http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=353
Options
Re:TL-WR841N and Vista Local Only Access
2013-05-16 18:51:43
change the wireless security type to wep, rather than wpa...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 525

Replies: 2

Related Articles