TL-WR1043ND doesn't recognize anything in LAN 1 and WAN ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-15 06:21:22
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I've been using this router for almost 2 years and it has been excellent but since 2 weeks ago it has stopped recognizing anything connected to the LAN port 1 and the WAN port, so it becomes useless as a router because I cannot connect a cable modem. The cable modem was tested successfully with a direct connection to a computer but it doesn't work with the router, and also ANYTHING you connect to these ports on the router is not detected, the lights do not turn on.

Do you have any idea why this may happen and what can I do about it? I have tried a factory reset via the reset button but nothing changed.

Thanks!

Martin

PS: I haven't flashed anything in the router, I just came back from a trip and found it like this, and nobody had touched it. The cablemodem works ok, everything works, the router boots up but just that: anything connected to LAN 1 and WAN is not recognized.
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WR1043ND doesn't recognize anything in LAN 1 and WAN ports
2013-05-15 22:14:34
Well ... if everything works fine between your computer and LAN 2, 3 or 4 except LAN 1 then I am afraid your LAN 1 connector is probably dead !
Options
2013-05-16 04:45:55
Yes it does seem dead. The problem is not LAN1 (I could well use 2, 3 or 4) but the WAN connector, which renders the router useless because I cannot share my internet connection via wifi.

I opened the router and found 3 probable problems: one is in the upper part of the main board, one of the capacitors seems to have lost some of its contents and in the lower side of the board I found two of these mini resistors that seem to have burned. Do you think I could repair or replace these resistors? I wouldn't like to throw away an otherwise useful router...

Thanks!
Options
2013-05-16 18:31:07
Seems dead. time to get a new one...
Options