TL-WA901ND Access Point won't give internet access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-17 17:52:00
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 130131

ISP : BT

Hello,

I have purchased a WA901ND V2 and I cannot get the AP to work. I have it connected directly to a DLink business router, on port 7 which is VLAN3, I have tested this port directly with a wired connection to my laptop and everything works fine.

Now, the problem is that when I connect to the AP, I receive the correct DHCP IP (and correct gateway/DNS) from the router as per the router settings, I can also access the router's HTTP admin pages @ 192.168.3.1, however I simply cannot get internet access. I have also tried a different laptop and a phone, with the same outcome.

When I ping bbc.co.uk from the laptop (or any other wireless device) it fails on all attempts, yet when I use the 901ND Diagnostic page to ping, it works perfectly.

What is even stranger is that I can still access the other computers on the same VLAN connected to the DLINK router, so the LAN routing is working perfectly but it will just not let me out onto the internet at all. I have tried using the AP in Static IP mode and also DHCP and also my laptop on DHCP and manual, no joy.

My setting are:

Router: 192.168.3.1 (VLAN3)
AP: 192.168.3.2 (Static) or 192.168.3.164 (assigned DHCP from router)
Laptop: 192.168.3.3 (static) or 192.168.1.101 (assigned DHCP from router, or AP)

Can anyone help?
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WA901ND Access Point won't give internet access
2013-07-30 15:52:16
How do you set VLAN on your router? How many VLANs?
Does TL-WA901ND only connect to VLAN3? Is it Access port?
If you connect TL-WA901ND to VLAN1, can you access internet normally?
What kind of effect do you want to get at last?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1259

Replies: 1

Related Articles