Advice using WA830RE as access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-17 19:30:53
Region : France

Model : TL-WA830RE

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : Orange

Hello

I bought this model to use as a range extender but I am not happy with the performance, one day it works, the next day it doesn't. I have wired ethernet in the house so I have decided to use it as an access point for downstairs where the WiFi doesn't reach. Pro = much more reliable and faster, con = 2 networks

I couldn't get it working at first and tech support said I had to use WEP instead of WPA. This got it working but does anyone know why I can't use WPA?

I am not keen on using WEP as I can't set an easy to remember password and this is for a guesthouse

Also, I assume there is no way of using this as an access point and not having two networks broadcast to avoid the reconnect?

Thanks in advance!
Options
2 Reply
Re:Advice using WA830RE as access point
2013-07-24 14:57:57
It do support WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK when it works as access point.
Just sometimes we can' t connect to wireless network, so we can try WEP Open which can benefit solve connection problem.
You may try WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK、AES~
Options
Re:Advice using WA830RE as access point
2013-07-28 20:06:12
2 solutions
Solution 1-Flash DD-WRT your 830 Use WA801NDv1 files for updates, build r19342 read http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=695273#695273
Some official firmware of TP-LINK products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-LINK does not provide technical support
and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Solution 2-buy 2 cheap 741 routers, link them wireless vía WDS
set one as router connected vía cable to your ISP MODEM and set the second 741 as Witeless WDS
You will have a exellent Wi-Fi Repeater here is how to WDS your second 741 http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=227
You can do it with one only but sometimes one will not do a good Job connecting to your primary router
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 613

Replies: 2

Related Articles