archer c7 as media server does not play movies... not good :(

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-22 12:00:34
Region : Singapore

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

hi tp link,

i have setup my router as media server and im able to browse my files/folders from my Toshiba TV. However, i cannot play any movies in my harddisk.. and that is so frustrating..
i hope you would release a firmware that can support to play the movies especially *.avi, *.divx, *.BDMV, *.mk2v
i cannot also view the pictures.

will there also be a release of new tp-link tether ipad app to support the new router?

so far, speed is remarkable!
Options
3 Reply
Re:archer c7 as media server does not play movies... not good :(
2013-07-22 15:59:04
There is no TP-Link router having a correct media-server.

The TP-Link developers are not capable to write the good code...
Options
2013-07-23 11:28:27
The problem is that they are still using uShare which has no more support they should switch to minidlna.
Options
2017-04-18 22:30:24
fully agree ! uShare 1.1a (as used on Archer VR200v) dates back to 2008 and is the core issue!
All of these new internet radios based on Frontier Silicon modules (Hama/Argon/TechniSat/...) fail to work with uShare. (Rygel Server ... no issue)
I've just compiled uShare 1.1a (and dependencies) on my Linux box and can confirm, it's the uShare code which breaks compatibility.
TP-Link is just utilizing this broken server 1:1. What a shame!

So, why are they not switching to a proven-to-work and well-maintained UPnP/DLNA Server ? I've got no clue ...
Well, they have to care about resources and cannot simply go with anything, but miniDLNA ... as mentioned before ... that's a vaild option.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 671

Replies: 3

Related Articles