Multiple APs sharing same SSID? Cloud Controlller needed?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-22 21:49:55
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest

Hi all, I have a new AX73 (AC5400) Router/AP.  And I have two outdoor AC1200 access points hardwired (at quite a distance) to that router.  Question: can I give them all the same SSID and have them all work?  Or do I need to make them all different?  Does an Omada Cloud Controller help with this?   I know the mesh systems kinda do this by design, trying to work with what I have and the outdoor POE factor makes the AC1200s pretty useful.

Any responses appreciated.  Thanks  --Dan

Options
1 Reply
Re:Multiple APs sharing same SSID? Cloud Controlller needed?
2021-09-22 22:15:16 - last edited 2021-09-22 22:33:08

@2fatdogs 

You can have them all with the same or different SSID and they will work for sure as standalone APs.

But if you're building a mesh network this won't work since the EAP Mesh (Omada) mechanism is different than the OneMesh, wich AX73 supports.

Omada Cloud Controller (Q3) will help you only of you're building an Omada EAP mesh network.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 423

Replies: 1

Related Articles