SMA Inverters cannot connect Deco X60 Wireless network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-27 14:39:12
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210204 Rel.50164

(Note sure about the Hardware version).

Hello,

Two weeks ago, I was trying to link 2 SMA Inverter to my Deco wireless network.
I was ok until a few days.
Suddenly, short after the inverters have been linked to the SMA could services, the two sma lost the network.

I tried "everything", even reset TP link device and the whole wireless network, new security details, etc, etc. no luck.

I started to think that the inverters were at fault when I started my old wireless network device: in a minute both SMA were online.

Same SSID, Same security settings, configuration.

A lot of people are saying that TP link devices are just good for AP mode. Are they right ? 

As the guest ssid not working (except on the router device - which is crazy stupid) numerous specs are not ok with that devices. 
dhcp cannot be disabled (except on AP mode)
ip address cannot be assigned to TP link device (AP)

Not a good product when you want to manage it, not a good product when you don't have IT knowledge. 

Thanks to update your products properly.

Options
1 Reply
Re:SMA Inverters cannot connect Deco X60 Wireless network
2021-09-27 15:14:08 - last edited 2021-09-27 17:15:20

@Incal 

You can run simple test: turn off all Satellite Deco units you have, leave just Main Deco running. If your SME inverters can work with that, it would mean their code does not understand WiFi mesh and must be updated. 

Options