Will upgrading to AX improve range for all devices?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-28 19:39:35
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a C4000 and a 2700sq ft home (but that's spread over 2 floors, so really more like 1500sq ft).

On my iPad it is great. I get almost 500/500mbps near the router, pretty much max out what I'm getting from my ISP, and around 100mbps in the rooms farthest away.

However, on my Samsung tablet S5e, which is supposed to have ac, and other older devices, the dropoff at the farthest point is pretty severe, to the point of non functioning.

My question is, will upgrading to an AX model improve 2.4/5ghz range for all devices over the C4000? Or only for ax devices, which I have none of as of now?

Also, which AX model has at least as good NAS performance as the C4000?

thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Will upgrading to AX improve range for all devices?
2021-09-28 21:01:59

@eltee 

Given the size of your home and that you don't own any AX capable wireless clients you may consider buying an AC capable Deco system.

You can expand your home network using this scenario and boost you wireless coverage to the farthest areas.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 155

Replies: 1

Related Articles