Archer AX50 slow and unstable when transmitting at both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz, as opposed to only 5 GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX50 slow and unstable when transmitting at both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz, as opposed to only 5 GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-03 08:25:50
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20200708 rel.55037(4555)

Hi everyone. I seem to have a problem with my Archer AX50. For the past 6 months I've been using my Archer AX50 in 5 GHz mode only. I have several Google Home products, laptops, TV's phones and a Nvidia Shield, that all worked flawlessly. However, the past month I installed some smart bulbs and sockets that only work on 2.4 GHz, so I set the AX50 to broadcast at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. Since then performance has been suffering. Google Home products tend to disconnect and my transfer rate over wifi to my Nvidia Shield has dropped by half. I used to get speeds up to 50 mbps, not it's almost half. The weird thing is that since transmitting at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, my connection to 5 GHz devices has been worse compared to when broadcasting at 5GHz only.  I hope someone can help me 'cause I'm all out of ideas. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 531

Replies: 0

Related Articles