Unstable WiFi is making it impossible for me to work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-07 03:13:17

Hello!

I'm an ESL teacher and since the pandemic I've been teaching online. During this period of over 18 months, I've had numerous issues with my WiFi connection, all of them due to VIVO's (Brazil's biggest internet provider) absolutely awful WiFi router. Therefore, all my problems were solved once I invested on a powerful router.

Things were great until a couple days ago. Without apparent reason, my WiFi started to become seriously unstable as soon as I start an online class. It's gotten to a ridiculous point where I'm using my internet regularly, enjoying high speeds and it becomes slow and laggy the second I click on the link of a class. This happens whether I connect to my powerful router or to VIVO's crappy original one. And it's not just lagging: It starts to connect and disconnect, like it's being turned on and off again and again (it's not; I checked and both routers are on the entire time).

Therefore, I thought the problem could be because of the high internet demand an online class can have. I thought that maybe it's being too much for the network and it keeps crashing. But that's where it gets even weirder: other devices connected to the network do not experience this connection worsening once the classes start. Only whichever one I'm using for the class. I've tried it on two different laptops and cellphones, and it keeps happening.

So, the problem is not any of my devices, nor is it that the excessive demand is crashing the whole network. It only happens when I need it most. It's like an evil WiFi goblin is active trying to mess with me and ruining specifically my classes. This is what I do for a living and I have already lost a lot of money this week because of the classes I couldn't connect to.

Also, I should add that VIVO's support is absolutely garbage. They just hire a couple of people to answer you with the most basic, idiotic suggestions like "Try turning it on and off again", so no luck there. I'm on my own to solve this problem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 249

Replies: 0

Related Articles