cannot ping lan to WIFI clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-09 13:43:08
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I cannot ping clients from WIFI to LAN. All clients have IPs in the same range 192.168.68.x/255.255.255.0. And all IPs are visible in the app DECO on my phone. All clients have access to the internet. All clients on wifi can ping each other but cannot to LAN. Deco M9plus is set to route mode. I have two Deco, the primary one is connected to the WAN modem (LAN port 1) and the second LAN port on Deco is connected to the LAN switch. Second Deco is connected only by wifi.

where is the problem?

Options
1 Reply
Re:cannot ping lan to WIFI clients
2021-10-09 14:51:28 - last edited 2021-10-09 14:53:29

@MJencek 

Is it possible your WiFi clients connected to Guest Network?

I have pair of M9 Plus, Main is wired and Satellie is connected by WiFi, but I run them in Access Point mode.

I can reproduce what you described only when I enable "Isolated From Main Network" for Guest Network. I believe, it is always enabled and can't be changed in Router mode, but you can check under Wi-Fi Settings in Deco app if you have that toggle or not. If not, it means in Router mode it is always ON.

LAN clients are always considered to be on Main Network.

This is how WiFi Settings screen looks for Access Point mode:

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 915

Replies: 1

Related Articles