Getting Archer A7 AC1750 working?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-10 16:48:27
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I purchased an Archer A7 router with the aim of connecting it via ethernet cable to my home router to generate a separate wi-fi signal to reach over the garden. 

The ethernet is currently in one of the 4 outputs of my home router, and plugged into the internet slot of the TP link router. 

When the TP Link router is switched on the internet light does not come on, and after a while comes on solid orange for a few seconds before a longer period off being off, etc...

I am not sure whether this is a problem with either of the routers, or the internet signal.

I would be grateful if anyone has any experience with this. Is it a hardware issue? Or compatibility? Or do I just need to fiddle with the settings of one of the routers?

There is no problem with the ethernet cable as when I plug a laptop in, it can browse as usual.

My home router also has a WAN ethernet port, but I don't know whether this is helpful.

My ISP is TalkTalk.

Thanks

Dan

Options
3 Reply
Re:Getting Archer A7 AC1750 working?
2021-10-10 22:15:38

@DanGa 

Here's the quick setup of Archer A7. In the video there's a modem before the A7 installed.

Assume that's your home router and just follow the instructions to configure.

Make sure that you're connecting a LAN port on your home router to the A7 WAN port.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-10-11 09:01:53

@terziyski 

Thanks, Yes I have tried setting it up in a couple of ways as suggested by the quick start guide.

I have moved the Archer inside, and connected it to my home router via a much shorter ethernet cable, and the internet light now turns yellow/green as if it is working. I haven't tried connecting via it yet, but it looks much better than when I connect to the ethernet cable running down the garden. The length of the long ethernet is well below 100m which appears to be the limit, so I'm not sure why this would be the problem. But I think this is where the problem lies.

Options
2021-10-11 09:18:54

@DanGa 

You can easily check your Internet status here:

And here you can compare the negotiated speed of both cables when they are connected to the A7 WAN (Internet) port :

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 409

Replies: 3

Related Articles