Deco M9+ AP Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9+ AP Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M9+ AP Mode
Deco M9+ AP Mode
2021-10-14 13:12:02
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: V2_1.5.1_210126

Hi everyone, need help. I want to set up DECO M9 as ap mode but the light keep static red. I have a TP-link Archer AX90 as my backbone router and i want to set m9 as ap. I have connect ethernet cable from the ax90 to the m9 but whenever i tried to switch to ap mode on the deco app, the light will always stay static red and no internet connection. Can anyone advice me what to do?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M9+ AP Mode
2021-10-14 18:45:32

@AidenTan 

Here's the prodcedure for configuring the Deco in AP mode. On step 3 it's stated:

" Wait for about 2 minutes until the LED light recovers to solid green, then the Deco system will work in AP mode. "

Have you waited long enough to see the solid green light on the Deco ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Deco M9+ AP Mode
2021-10-15 08:44:05

Hi there, thanks for the tip. I have solved the issue myself by going to the DHCP server setting on the ax90 router and reserved an ip and mac address for the m9, it works great now. @terziyski 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 600

Replies: 2

Related Articles