TP-LINK TL-WR740N related problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-19 17:35:37
Model: TL-WR700N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 3.17.0 Build 150105 Rel.61576n

Hi, I have a tp-link tl-wr740n router. I have a problem. The LAN 3 port of this router is still ON without an ethernet cable. When I connect LAN 3 port with my pc, it gives an error IP address. On the other hand, when I connect pc with other LAN ports (i.e LAN 1, 2 and 4) it gives the correct ip. but the LAN 3 light is still blinking and continuously ON and the internet does not work. And also if I access the router's setup page, it takes too long to respond. What is the problem?

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-LINK TL-WR740N related problem
2021-10-19 19:07:54

@Muhammad_Adnan0 

What you can try is to hard reset (method 1) the device and see if that will help to resolve the issue.

Just make a configuration backup before that, so it would be easier for you to restore the configuration afterwards.

Your device is quite old already and given the symptoms you've described, it might have reached its end of life.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:TP-LINK TL-WR740N related problem
2021-10-19 19:27:33

@terziyski Hi, thank you for your reply. I did a hard reset many times. I am using two other same old models for the last 5 years. Now, I need to wash its motherboard or circuit and see the result.laugh

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 645

Replies: 2

Related Articles