5G issues on Archer C2300 router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-20 15:29:16
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20200918 rel.67850(4555)

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster.

My C2300 router has worked perfectly for over a year but the 5g signal has started to fail over the past two weeks. 5G connected devices such as a smart TV and multiple Google home devices started buffering and jittering while streaming. Nothing had changed from a configuration point so I started to investigate.

A WIFI network analyser showed that there was no other signal interfering with my 5G in any of the rooms in the house but a hiddden network periodically appeared and disappeared. I suspected this hidden network to be the onemesh network feature of the router and this was confirmed by disabling the 5G wifi and rechecking. While running the WIFI analyser in the same room as the router the 5G signal was 100% as expected but I I notcied than while the onemesh hidden network was present the 5G sgnal strength dropped to below 25% while the hidden onemesh signal seemed to be 100%. The presence of the onemesh hidden network also seems to coincide with the buffering and jitter I experience on devices. As a further test I disabled 5G on my C2300 router and setup an older 5G router on the same channel and SSID and retested my devices and observed there was no buffering issues or jitter. 

I would dearly love to disable onemesh to confirm whether it is the cause of the issue so would appreciate advice on how to do that and I would of course appreciate any other advice this forum can provide on other possible causes.

Cheers  

Options
1 Reply
Re:5G issues on Archer C2300 router?
2021-10-20 17:54:35

@MrRadish 

If the device doesn't have OneMesh on/off switch then you can't disable OneMesh.

Just as an example:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 317

Replies: 1

Related Articles