Cable connection for mesh system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-22 11:39:34
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I created mesh network and at my home 2nd floor network connect via wifi is slow... for that reason I bought additional deco router to add to network via ethernet cable. However it still try to connect via wifi and I lose connection and speed. How to fix the issue that router shall take network from ethernet cable

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cable connection for mesh system
2021-10-22 12:12:24

@EA7 

Please review this document, it may have helpful information: General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Options
2021-10-22 12:22:35
I cannot connect 2 decos via ethernet cable as they are in separate floors. For that reason i can connect 2nd floor decos to ethernet cable directly from wall ethernet socket
Options
2021-10-22 12:37:41 - last edited 2021-10-22 13:31:08

EA7 wrote

For that reason i can connect 2nd floor decos to ethernet cable directly from wall ethernet socket

@EA7 

If you have network layout this way, and switch is compatible with Deco, your Satellite Deco should use Ethernet. Satelite Deco will be among "Wired Devices on Home Network." It is also assumed from this diagram that other side of Ethernet cable from wall Ethernet socket on 2nd floor is connected to switch.

If your home network layout is different, you'll need to check document I gave you and/or draw diagram and share it, for others to review.

If network layout does not allow Satellite Deco to use Ethernet, Deco will keep using WiFi even if you connect it to network via Ethernet cable.

Also, that document I mentioned discusses in Q&A section what other reasons could be for Satellite Deco to not use network connection.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 477

Replies: 3

Related Articles