Devices Are Connecting to the Deco from another Room. Instead of Connecting to the One Very Near By

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Devices Are Connecting to the Deco from another Room. Instead of Connecting to the One Very Near By

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-22 12:34:32
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.3 Build 20210203 Rel. 68223

I have 3 Deco M5s. 1 on each room on the 2nd floor, both of which are ethernet backhauled directly to my router, and one of which is set as the main one. I have one downstairs that is wirelessly connected to the main deco. Decos are configured as Access Point.

Problem is that my devices are only connecting to the main deco in the 1st room, even if they are literraly just beside the other ethernet backhauled deco in the 2nd room. So the signal they are getting are very poor, so my Internet speed is poor in the 2nd room. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Devices Are Connecting to the Deco from another Room. Instead of Connecting to the One Very Near By
2021-10-22 13:29:16

@godwrestler 

See the following forum conversation on this topic: Device not connecting to the nearest/fastest Deco M5

On its first page you'll see TP-Link Support providing link to firmware 1.6 beta for M5 which might correct the issue, then check post #2 which is TP-Link Support discussing why device might not roam to the closest Deco unit.

If you scroll down to post #7 it'll be my recommendations in case you don't want to install beta firmware, or if beta firmware didn't fix the problem.

Options