TL-WDR4300 WiFi issues with encryption settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-19 06:56:46
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 3.13.23 Build 120810 Rel.44064n

ISP : Virgin Media

When the WiFi encryption type [for WPA2-PSK] is set to "Automatic" on either or both 2.4 or 5GHz bands then all devices fail to connect correctly on those bands: these failing devices include systems attached using TP-Link WDN3200 dongles, and also include Samsung Galaxy Note, Kindle, Toshiba and Acer tablets using their own built-in WiFi chipsets.

When the encryption type on the router is forced to AES then these same devices connect first time every time without problems and subsequently retain their connections in a reliable manner.

These connection problems did NOT exist in the TL-WR1043ND which I swapped out a few days ago: I have subsequently tested by swapping the two routers over, using factory default settings [other than passwords] and also with my own settings and the problems are exactly reproducible.

It is worth saying that with the encryption type set to "automatic" at the router the Samsung Note is very clear that it is "connected" to the router, but there is absolutely no network traffic and no internet or lan connectivity. Simply resetting the encryption type and rebooting the router followed by a reboot of the Samsung Note results in full connectivity being restored.

Any ideas what might be going on here?

RN.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WDR4300 WiFi issues with encryption settings
2013-05-20 16:35:43
Not quite sure about the problem. Maybe you can try to use the latest firmware and see. http://uk.tp-link.com/support/download/?model=TL-WDR4300&version=V1#tbl_j
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 351

Replies: 1