Wireless AP signal booster recommendations please

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-28 23:21:32
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello there!

I have configured AX11000 as Wireless AP which is connected to ISP supplied ONT/Router. I preferred to keep the AX11000 as wireless AP. Due to thick concrete walls and placement of the AX11000 at home, signal drops to 70% to the next room. I am not getting good signal to 2nd floor.

I would like to have signal booster / ranger extender kind of device to boost the given signal with the same. WPA3 is the key requirement for me. I see that RE605X doesn't support RE605X yet but RE603X which is not available in India yet.

Any recommendations/advise on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wireless AP signal booster recommendations please
2021-10-29 12:22:37

@AzSGenie 

Here's the list of WPA3 compatible devices.

I don't see any REs in the list. If that's correct, then you can boost your wireless coverage using a wireless router from this list in AP mode.

If the cabling between devices is not an option then you can use WDS feature (some of devices in the list has that implemented).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Wireless AP signal booster recommendations please
2021-10-29 13:44:30

@terziyski Appreciated your suggestions. I have looked into WPS and unfortunately, it requires enabling WPA/WPA2 instead of WPA3.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 390

Replies: 2