Unable to select channel on Deco M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-29 19:40:24
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

While doing troubleshooting for my WiFi doorbell, the support tecnicion asked me to ensure the WiFi was broadcasting on channel 1, 6, or 11.  I was previously able to check the channel and change it using my older Asus router, but cannot do so on the Deco.  Because of this, they will no longer troubleshoot or provide support for my device.  I've noticed many threads for this - WHY CAN WE NOT SELECT OR EVEN SEE THE CHANNEL THE ROUTER IS BROADCASTING ON?  

I absolutely love the improvements to my home network that the Deco brought, however this is a deal breaker.  If I cannot see and/or change the channel, the units will need to be returned.  

PLEASE implement this feature, or if it has been implemented, please kindly let me know how to use it.  Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to select channel on Deco M4
2021-12-02 17:11:38

@R5Ryder I am having the same issue.

As per TP link support it is smart enough to pick the right channel range, with least interference.

I don't think that is the case, as per attached image, it is picking channel range with the most interference.

My network is bhanmesh (3 node setup).

Please fix this is key issue and i will have to return my P9 if this is not fixed asap.

Your mesh internet as good as you think it is, underperforms a 6 year old router from my ISP provider.

This is not acceptable and your tech needs to fix this asap.

See the image attached.

Options
Re:Unable to select channel on Deco M4
2022-04-07 06:53:09

@R5Ryder  Hi TP Support,

have the same issues wit latest firmare 1.5/4 builf 20220113 rel 38349 Singapore

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 470

Replies: 2

Related Articles