Deco M5 - <1mb at one of the Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-30 17:39:24
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.3

Hi all, newbie to to-link.

I have had my deco5 system for 4 days and at the wired deco receiving 25mb and also at the first linked deco. However, the second linked deco shows 25mb using the deco app but only 1mb at the same device using 2 different speed test apps. The performance of my iPhone apps would suggest that the lower speed is accurate.

I have another week before my free return period expires.

I've tried the simple fixes suggested but no joy. Would any of you have any suggestions?

TIA

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 - <1mb at one of the Deco
2021-10-30 21:11:30

@Philren 

Deco app speed test always runs from Main Deco. Does not matter to which Deco you connect your iPhone and open Deco app. The Deco speedtest is in Main Deco firmware code.

To check speed of Satellite Deco, you must connect smartphone to that Satellite Deco and run smartphone speed test app. 

If one of your Satellite Deco is slow, open it in Deco app, and check its Signal Source. That will tell you where Satellite Deco is connected and with what quality of signal. Example:

In that example Satellite Deco is connected to Deco named Living Room and signal strength between them is good: two blue bars. Three would have been better, but two is OK.

If you find signal strength is not good, which means you see Yellow or Red bars or just 2.4GHz instead of 2.4GHz/5GHz, you must move that Satellite Deco closer to one it is connected to. If you see that Satellite Deco is not connected to where you wanted it to, that would be different issue and solution for it can be found here: [New Firmware] Deco M5 1.6.0

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 134

Replies: 1

Related Articles