Deco M5 DHCP across more than one subnet?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-03 16:36:15
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.3

Hi All,

Currently our Deco M5 network is set up in router mode with an internal IP of 10.10.10.x and several items on DHCP reserved addresses.

We expect to be adding some extra mesh points in our livery yard at some stage and I wondered if I was able to expand the network into using both 10.10.10.x and 10.10.11.x?

Im not really sure how to do this in practice but would it be something that the Deco system can support?? The guest wifi is also set up and works nicely isolating clients on the guest wifi from the main wifi network.

I expect to be updating the firmware to 1.6.0 when it is fully released.

Cheers in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 DHCP across more than one subnet?
2021-11-04 07:15:19

OK I had a play with some settings and did the following:

• Changed the subnet mask of the router from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.254.0;
  • Changed the DHCP IP range upper address from 10.10.10.250 to 10.10.11.250;

This worked nicely and devices could communicate fine across the two subnets, however there was a few issues:

• My Kodi boxes seemingly were not able to play files from my NAS after the change, despite no IP addresses changing at all, they were able to navigate SMB shares and playback files directly but not when played from the library? Something to have a play with I think.
  • Sky Q lost the connection between the primary box and the mini box we have elsewhere in the house, not sure what this is about but I changed the Dec settings back to thieroriginal settings and rebooted the mini box and it worked fine after;

I suspect what I want to do will be fine but I need to do a full restart of ALL devices on the network (NAS, sky boxes etc...) to rule out any odd behaviour??

Cheers all.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 729

Replies: 1

Related Articles