Deco and sharing files

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco and sharing files

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco and sharing files
Deco and sharing files
2021-11-09 12:44:07
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am almost computer illiterate, so please forgive me if my question is stupid. My regular PC is connected to the same router as my Deco with an Ethernet cable is, while my wife's laptop is on the Deco mesh network. When I wanted to set up a network to share files, I failed and realized after a while that my PC is on network 6, while my wife's laptop is on the mesh network. What can I do to be able to share files?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco and sharing files
2021-11-09 14:22:33

@Bear49 

With setup you have, you can share files if you change Deco Operating Mode from Router to Access Point. After you do that, all your computers will belong to the same network which is managed by your router. Because they will be part of the same network, they can share files.

To make that change, open Deco app, in it open More, then Advanced and you'll see the screen like I copy below where you can change Operating Mode to Access Point. After you've done that, you may need to restart your wife's laptop so that it can properly reconnect to new configuration. 

Options
Re:Deco and sharing files
2021-11-09 15:12:01

@Bear49 Great! I will give it a try and see if it works!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1376

Replies: 2

Related Articles