Archer ax73 JP version, Cannot update firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-09 14:16:49
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20201112 rel.53967(4A50)

Hello,

I cannot update the firmware for my archer AX73.

When trying to go through the automatic update, the download bar comes up but does not progress at all. Then an error that it failed to connect to cloud appears.

I downloaded the firmware and attempted to update manually, but when hitting the update button, a progress bar titled uploading appears and never progresses no matter how long I let it sit.

I have done a factory reset and still I cannot update the firmware.

Any help would be appricated.

Thank you

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer ax73 JP version, Cannot update firmware
2021-11-09 19:56:03 - last edited 2021-11-10 03:47:12

@SleepingKyoto 

Here's the procedures to upgrade your device FW.

If you decide to do that manually make sure that FW region and HW version matches with that on your device bottom sticker.

Here's how to determine those from your device bottom sticker.

Also make sure you've unzipped the downloaded file before uploading the BIN file to the AX73.

N.B. It's advisable to run the upgrade procedure while you're connected to the devoice by ethernet cable.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-11-10 07:24:52

@terziyski 

Thank you for the response and I read the manuals and tried all that. None of it works which led me to make this post.

When I try it manually I get a loading bar screen titled uploading and it goes no where. I am not sure why the manual loading of firmware would need to upload anything. I have attached a screen shot of it.

I verified the region, time (adjusting manually as well just incase), model/version of my router and the firmware I downloaded. My router has the JP region indenitifer on the bottom and the firmware I DL is labeled as EU-JP. 

If it matters I am using the DS-LITE internet setting which is the IPV4 over IPV6 thing they use here in JP for some dumb reasons. I tried setting it to PPPOE and logged in with my ISP account and confirmed internet connection. But I get the same results when trying to update the firmware.

File:
Screenshot 2021-11-09 231924.pngDownload
Options
2021-11-10 13:16:42 - last edited 2021-11-10 13:38:17

@SleepingKyoto 

The upload procedure purpose is to transfer and apply the unzipped BIN file into the device's ROM, once you've downloaded the ZIP file to your computer from the support portal.

It seems that you're using the correct FW version judging by the screenshot you've posted.

Have you tried to use another web browser for the upgrading procedure (Chrome, Mozilla) ?

Are you connected to the router by ethernet cable during the procedure ?

The other thing you could do is to use another device (laptop, PC) for the upgrade procedure to see if that makes any difference.

If you still stuck on the uploading screen then contact your local support and ask them for help or e-mail to TP-Link Help Desk.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-11-10 13:20:07 - last edited 2021-11-10 13:20:50

@terziyski 

I see, that makes sense. I'm connected via cable and I have tried edge and chrome. I could try a non chromium based browser just in case. 

I will reach out to tech support soon. Thanks for your help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1094

Replies: 4

Related Articles