Google home products constantly disconnecting from wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-11 22:13:40
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20210519 Rel. 36755

Hi all,

Recently installed TP-Link Decox68 3 unit pack in my home on 3 levels.

Having an issue where the top floors google products consistently disconnect from the wifi and stay disconnected. After a power cycle of the google products, they will reconnect and work but when you go to use them the next day they are disconnected again and need another power cycle to connect. 

Has another had this issue before and resolved it ?

Detail of setup is:

Router Deco is middle floor with bottom and top floor decos in mesh mode, connected wirelessly.

Bottom and middle floopr google products stay connected to wifi with no issues.

Top floor Google products (chromecast and home minis) disconnect regularly and stay disconnected until a power cycle.

Upstairs other wifi products seem ok though these aren't connected 24/7, that is they are computers that get turned off etc.

Upstairs Deco has been power cycled before as well.

Google products are latest firmware as is the TP-Link decos.

The previous two wifi mesh systems i was using, did not have this issue (TP-Link Deco m5 3 pack, and then a unifi mesh system using 3 unifi ap-ac-lr units and USG router).

Thank you for reading!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Google home products constantly disconnecting from wifi
2021-12-04 01:30:16

@delvance I am having the same issue and it is pretty sad that you have not received a response yet. I may have to return them and try another brand. 

Options
Re:Google home products constantly disconnecting from wifi
2022-01-15 01:17:49

@delvance 

Having the same situation here with an x68 / x3600.

Of note, I'm only using the Deco as APs and have an OpenWRT router handling all Layer 3 traffic.

Periodically, my Google Home and Google Home minis will tell me they are unable to connect to wifi. The Deco app shows them as being actively connected to wifi although they are not pingable.

Strange stuff.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 654

Replies: 2