Wired PC on ethernet backhaul keeps disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-12 02:06:07
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3

Hi all! 

Here is a graph that sums my whole setup. All of this being in a family house...pretty common stuff...and usage too. 

Ultimately, my setup works perfectly.

The only problem I have is the PC that is wired on the DECO3 ethernet backhaul.

7-8 times a day, this PC get disconnected from the internet. When this happens, any other devices still works fine. 

I'm trying to troubleshoot this problem...and having a hard time.

Any ideas?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wired PC on ethernet backhaul keeps disconnecting
2021-11-12 13:31:51 - last edited 2021-11-12 13:48:19

@Vectorlost 

Things to check:

1. I wonder if any of your wired devices have static IP address configured on them, and occasionally PC connected to Deco 3 gets into IP address conflict (or Deco 3 does). If you have devices with static IP addresses, I would strongly recommend making for them IP address reservations on Main Deco instead. 

2. Next time PC goes offline, check if Deco 3 is still online. Because, if Deco 3 goes offline, too, that could mean loose Ethernet cable connection or cabling issues in general.

3. Also, to dismiss this as a hardware issue: swap Deco 3 and Deco 2. If that makes problem go away, you might have defective Deco unit, specifically Ethernet port(s) on Deco 3.

--------------------------

If none of the above, I can't offer you a fix, but I can suggest workaround. The workaround would be to bypass Deco 3 in connecting PC to Netgear switch.

Get inexpensive 5-port gigabit switch, such as TP-Link 5 Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch (TL-SG1005D) which is currently available on Amazon for less than USD15. In place of Deco 3, connect that switch to Netgear GS 305, using Ethernet cable that used to connect Deco 3 to Netgear GS 305. 

Then, connect PC to TL-SG1005D. Also, connect Deco 3 to TL-SG1005D.

This is workaround, it does not fix an underlying problem but may help to bypass it. 

Options
Re:Wired PC on ethernet backhaul keeps disconnecting
2021-11-15 14:14:54
Thanks a lot @Alexandre! I'll sure test your 3 suggestions. I've also updated the Firmware to 1.5.2. I don't know if this can help too. We'll see. I'll keep monitoring and report back here on what happens :) Thanks!
Options