Cannot log into gateway

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot log into gateway

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cannot log into gateway
Cannot log into gateway
2021-11-12 08:33:45
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Issue: Cannot log into gateway over wifi

Situation: On the same network. Can't log in from either the 2.4 or 5 ghz networks

AP isolation is enabled

Getting DHCP and DNS from the router

No middleware devives

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot log into gateway
2021-11-12 13:58:54 - last edited 2021-11-12 14:58:29

@123123212123 

You can manage the AX10 router in two ways:

1. Via web browser - you should open http://tplinkwifi.net or http://<your gateway IP address>

2. Via Tether app.

Are you able to log in when AP isolation is disabled ?

Do you see any error message when trying to log in via wi-fi ? Post a screenshot if any.

What are your wireless security settings ?

In general for better security use these:

Make sure the device is with the latest FW release.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-11-12 15:19:39

@terziyski figured thanks for the info. I wasn't able to manage the router using tether or via ip in the browser connected to wifi. I just realized that I can only get to the router if I'm directly connected to it. 

The router is up to date. I think I enabled Mac binding while messing around in the controls. Not sure if ap isolation prevents you from getting into the router via wifi or the tether app

Options
2021-11-12 16:22:32

@123123212123 

If you have enabled Access Control feature that may be the reason for this behavior - disable that and test again.

If you're referring to IP MAC Binding, this should not affect the wi-fi access to the router's web interface.

You should be able to access the router's web management interface connected either via wi-fi or ethernet cable - see details here.

If that persists then refer to this guide.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 482

Replies: 3

Related Articles