Do I need to update my Archer A9 V1 Gigabit Dual Band Wifi Router Firmware to the latest version?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Do I need to update my Archer A9 V1 Gigabit Dual Band Wifi Router Firmware to the latest version?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-12 16:46:29
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.17.0 Build 20150514 Rel.70681n

So far I no issues.

My current versions are:

Firmware Version:     3.17.0 Build 20150514 Rel.70681n
Hardware Version:     ArcherC9 v1

The latest version on TP-Link Support Site for US Routers is "Archer_C9v1_US-UP-VER3-17-1-P1-20210107-Rel55552.

They do state that you cannot downgrade from the latest firmware if you run into any problems.

Also the new features or Bug fixes are not listed for the latest firmware.

I know my firmware is old but so far it is stable.

Only thing I noticed is my ISP states I have 200 Mbps dowload speed but when I use SpeedTest.net web site to check it maxes out at 95Mbps.

Its supposed to be a Gigabit Router.

Also does anybody have any pros and cons for the new AX11000 WIFI Router Specs seemed to be good compared to my existing router?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Do I need to update my Archer A9 V1 Gigabit Dual Band Wifi Router Firmware to the latest version?
2021-11-12 18:19:08

@Sith 

In general TP-Link recommends to keep your device FW up to date.

Your device is three versions behind - judging by the available releases.

If you don't have any issues, then you don't have to update.

But on the other hand there are a lot of bug/security fixes and improvemnts in newer FW versions.

So in the end it's up to you to decide whether to upgrade or not.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 429

Replies: 1

Related Articles