Follow the FTP setup to remote access my AX50 router USB HDD but not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-16 04:12:32
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20210730 rel.54485(5553)

I follow the remote FTP setup guide (i.e. https://www.tp-link.com/sg/support/faq/1527/) of the AX50 router to access my connected USB HDD (harddisk) but I am not able to access the USB HDD remotely. What is the reason?

I have enabled the FTP(Via Internet). When I key in the ftp address given in Access Address table from my mobile phone to access the HDD it says "site cannot reach". I used Opera browser. I tried Firefox browser is the same too not able to access.

I am able to access the HDD in my local network with no problem. But I just cannot access from remote (outside the local area network).

Options
1 Reply
Re:Follow the FTP setup to remote access my AX50 router USB HDD but not working
2021-11-16 17:40:49

@BTTan 

1. This is the guide you should use for AX50 router.

2. To acceess your AX50 USB HDD remotely you must have a public IP address on your WAN(Internet port).

Make sure these two conditions have been met and then test.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 316

Replies: 1