Delayed response from IoT devices connected to Deco M9 Plus network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-16 20:33:18

My Deco M9 network had been up and running for a few years now. For the last several months I have been experiencing a significant delay with all connected IoT devices. (Wemo lighting, Ring doorbell/cameras, Harmony hub, Sonos speakers)

As an example:

When I try to turn on my Harmony hub via the remote or app, 10-15 seconds goes by before the device receives the command and immediately processes it. 

With Ring, the delay does not detect people, or when the doorbell is rung, it doesn't actually ring for 10-15 seconds. 

With Sonos, sending music or commands to these devices also has a 10-15 second delay. As do commands sent to Wemo lighting and Honeywell thermostat.

I've been working my way through all of these manufactureres one by one to troubleshoot. The result is similar, none of these devices receive the command for 10-15 seconds after the command is issued by a wifi connected app or control unit. I can change the device operating the app, and the same situation is present. 

I'm now looking at the Deco's as the potential issue as all of these devices are connected to the deco wifi network. I have tested connecting devices to another network, and the issue goes away... I suspect a firmware update may have caused the issue? 

I have disabled UPNN and QOS. Deco's are in wireless router mode. 1GB (Cat6) connected to each other (slave to master direct) Cat6 connected from master to ISP modem.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Delayed response from IoT devices connected to Deco M9 Plus network
2021-11-23 16:59:25

For anyoe following, or experiencing a similar issue I thought I would provide an update on what appears to be silence from TP Link support.

After 2 days of this post being created someone contacted me via email and advised this is not soemthing they can address directly. It requires behind the scenes support from another team. They would contact me, is how I read the email.

After another 2 days, (4 days after posting) nothing. I ask for an update and how to proceed. I receive an email that I have never responded to their support email and the ticket was closed. I responded asking fro assistance. There is no ask, or direction from TP Link support, just simple and vague responses. 

We are now again days after the last email transcarion. Still nothing from them. They do not respond to the emal's they send me and ask me to respond too... 

At this point I am extremely frutrated with the lack of support. 

Know that this issue was reported initially back in April, with no response to email at that time as well. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 521

Replies: 1