2nd SSID as guest access point - WR941ND is WDS bridged to WR741ND

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-19 16:16:44
Region : Vietnam

Model : TL-WR941ND

Hardware Version : V5

Firmware Version : latest

ISP : Viettel

first time on the TPlink forum...I didn't see this particular issue ont eh boards but if I missed it a thread link is welcome ;-)

I have set my home network up with the WR741ND (from Viettel w/custom firmware to enable VLAN) as the master and the WR941ND as the slave on WDS.

i want to use a second SSID as a 'guest' access point for friends and family when they come over, but I don't want them having access to our Home Group, network storage server and network attached storage. All our MACs are reserved and bound.

My idea is to use an old LinkSys WRT54GL v1.1 as a router-only: but I can't WDS the LinkSys using WEP since the TP-Links are on 13 character ASCII/128-bit encryption and the LinkSys only handles WEP hexadecimal 26 character 128-bit encryption, so, I can't set the security to match without leaving our network open.

If I can set up a second SSID on the WDS bridged TP-Links as a 'guest' access point, as I understand it I could use MAC filtering for all our equipment and remove the security settings - allowing the LinkSys into the system.

Can anyone assist me with this or point me to resources who can? Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Options
1 Reply
Re:2nd SSID as guest access point - WR941ND is WDS bridged to WR741ND
2013-05-22 14:49:24
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 570

Replies: 1

Related Articles