Second M9 causes network failures when connected over Ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-22 19:30:21
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.2

I have just setup a network with a pair of M9 devices in my home. 
The initial setup of the first M9 went without trouble, I moved it to AP mode and it is working as expected.

When I power on the second M9 node I can configure and connect it without problems over Wifi.

When I try to use a wired backhaul then I run into problems.  The second M9 ends up causing the LAN to freeze up for all devices, the LED goes green for a moment and then it blinks red, restarts and cycles through that.

Is there a difference between the two NIC ports on the device?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Second M9 causes network failures when connected over Ethernet
2021-11-22 22:02:38

@PaulArbour 

On Main Deco, one port is WAN and another is LAN, Deco will automatically figure which is which. On Satellite Deco, both ports are LAN and there is no difference between them.

Check this document, it might help: General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

-------------------

I run my Deco mesh in AP mode, with two M9 and two M5, three of them wired, they all run just fine for about a year now.

Options