TL-WA850RE keeps disconnecting a few times every hour - help please

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-19 18:02:59
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA850RE

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Talk Talk

Hi,

Purchased the TL-WA850RE a week ago, connecting it to my router was not not a problem.

The issue I have have is that all devices keep dropping the wifi signal from the TP-Link a few times every hour - These are an ipad, HTC phone and iphone. All the devices are showing as having full wifi signal but service just fails, during these times Internet on my wired PC is fine so no issue with the broadband provider. To get service back I just reconnect the wifi on the device & it works straight away but this clearly is not ideal.

I have seen some suggestions that changing the channel on the router could fix this, have switched from channel 11 to channel 1 but issue still occuring.

I know the issue has to lie with the WA850RE as the signal in certain arears of the house never dropped until last week when starting connecting via the TP-Link.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks, Lee
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WA850RE keeps disconnecting a few times every hour - help please
2013-05-22 12:39:33
I have the same problem with you and I contacted TP-LINK support. They gave me the following suggestions.
What's the hardware version of TL-WA850RE?
If it is V1.00, you may contact the reseller to change V1.20.
If it is V1.20, update firmware to the latest one:V1.20 130313
Options
2013-05-22 19:33:01
Thanks for your reply Karen.

Mine is the V1.00 so have contacted my reseller to exchange.

Which one were you using? And has upgrading or downloading new firmware fixed the issues for you?
Options
2013-05-23 09:10:22
The old one is the same with yours.
I have busy days recently and have no time to deal with that. When these busy days past, I will have a try.
Really hope that will work~ Do not want to spent more time on it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 608

Replies: 3

Related Articles