Always Have To Repair The Driver After Turning Up My PC (Windows 10, TL-WN823N WiFi Adapter)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Always Have To Repair The Driver After Turning Up My PC (Windows 10, TL-WN823N WiFi Adapter)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-29 06:36:25
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: TL-WN823N

I have a laptop that suffered damage on its default WiFi card, so I bought a USB WiFi adapter to be able to connect to the Internet (TL-WN823N).

Always, when I leave the adapter plugged into the pc and I turn it on, the adapter blinks slowly and there's not any network detected by it.

I have to open the TP-Link driver utility and click on "Repair Driver" ("Reparar el Driver" in Spanish)

After 10 minutes more or less, the utility repairs the driver and I'm able to detect networks again.

This is very annoying because I have to perform this every day before using the adapter. Otherwise, it doesn't work.

Is there any solution to this issue? any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

(PC model: Asus Vivobook X441UV - Windows 10 updated as of november 2021)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Always Have To Repair The Driver After Turning Up My PC (Windows 10, TL-WN823N WiFi Adapter)
2021-11-30 09:14:35 - last edited 2021-11-30 09:16:17

Hello @EmmanuelM 

1.Allow adapter work in Windows Power save mode:

Adapter Properties settings>  Power Management tab>Make sure the box is Unchecked for  "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Here is guide found online explaining that in details: https://pattersonsupport.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13738/~/changing-windows-power-options

2. Please try to remove the old driver completely and reinstall official driver: 

Refer guide here to uninstall driver : Case 3. Uninstall old driver of TP-Link network adapter on your computer.

TL-WN823N Official Driver: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wn823n/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 513

Replies: 1