TPLink Archer C60 Acces Point AP mode wifi won't appear

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-30 12:25:11 - last edited 2021-12-01 01:03:32
Model: Archer C60  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I'm trying to configure C60 as access point mode for bringing wifi support to another room with a wired connection from the cable switch. Here is a diagram. 

I tried many things. I tried plugging the RJ45 cable between the C60 and the switch into the wan(blue) and then the lan(yellow) ports. When I reset the device I can see factory name wifi and ı can connect for configuration so we know wifi working. Anyways, I configured with PC on cable. I updated latest firmware to c60. But I can not bring wifi another room. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:TPLink Archer C60 Acces Point AP mode wifi won't appear
2021-11-30 13:43:31 - last edited 2021-12-01 01:03:32

@nikyam 

Use this guide (Case 1) for setting C60 in AP mode. You should use its WAN (blue) port to connect it to your switch.

For wireless settings use these for both bands (2.4 & 5 GHz) when you're already in AP mode:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-11-30 16:40:19 - last edited 2021-12-01 01:03:32

Hey @terziyski , 

First of all, my settings same as yours. I still can not see my wireless stream (SSID: c60) at my wifi settings on the phone both ios and android

Options
2021-11-30 18:35:50 - last edited 2021-12-01 01:03:32

@nikyam 

It's possible that there's a lot of wireless interference around you on 2.4GHz band.

Follow this article: https://www.metageek.com/products/inssider/

and scan for your C60 wireless networks with the sowtware mentioned.

I would suggest to enable and experiment within the 5GHz band (less wireless interference).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-11-30 18:39:52 - last edited 2021-12-01 01:03:32

@terziyski 

It does not change when I turn off the environment 2.4ghz band. It won't show up. 

edit:

I tried factory defaults again. I think the 2.4ghz band won't work from the inside of the device. Because only 5g band showing up and I can connect correctly. (previously configured: ı disabled 5ghz.) Road of service again. 

Options
2021-11-30 21:36:02 - last edited 2021-12-01 01:03:32

@nikyam 

From your screenshots I got the impression that you're setting the device in range extender mode using the device WDS feature.

If you want to use the device in AP mode (your initial request) then you should follow the guide I posted in my first post.

Doing so you'll have the option to set the wireless security settings I posted (screenshot was taken in AP mode).

Options
2021-11-30 21:47:09 - last edited 2021-12-01 01:03:32

@terziyski , I think 2.4ghz won't work. I can't see a 2.4ghz stream at wifi. However, I have another wireless extender/ap from TP-Link. I got that and setup. In this case, I need this wireless zone for remote control(on-off) with a smart plug. When I set up the plug with AP mode you know (such as setup the device with connecting wifi via and filling in main wifi SSID and pass thing) there is an issue. The issue is: when I connect the plug to fill SSID info then the phone auto disconnects from the plug and the phone won't connect the extender again. I need to do restart the extender to connect with the phone. Is there any limitation on the number of clients from the device? I think there is a stuck somewhere. I don't know. I think they have feelings and sometimes it works correctly. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 536

Replies: 6

Related Articles