Guest network isolation in AP mode after firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-30 14:05:55 - last edited 2021-11-30 15:54:51
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.53 build 20210309 rel 36309

Hi everyone, 

I just upgraded the firmware on my tplink deco m9 plus to have the guest network isolation feature in AP-mode. 

After the upgrade, i can see the option in the wifi-menu on the deco-app, but when i activate it, my guest network still isn't isolated and i am still able to acces all LAN-devices through that network. Is that a common problem, does this need to be fixed in a future firmware-update or am i doing something wrong? 

Thanks in advance. 

Kind regards.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Guest network isolation in AP mode after firmware upgrade-Solution
2021-11-30 15:01:32 - last edited 2021-11-30 15:54:51

@drazgo 

Activate guest network isolation, wait for about 5-10 minutes, then check if you have access to LAN from Guest (you shouldn't). When I tested that on my Deco mesh with M9s, I have found Deco needs a bit of time to propagate that configuration change to all its nodes. Initially, I also thought the isolation feature is not working.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Guest network isolation in AP mode after firmware upgrade-Solution
2021-11-30 15:01:32 - last edited 2021-11-30 15:54:51

@drazgo 

Activate guest network isolation, wait for about 5-10 minutes, then check if you have access to LAN from Guest (you shouldn't). When I tested that on my Deco mesh with M9s, I have found Deco needs a bit of time to propagate that configuration change to all its nodes. Initially, I also thought the isolation feature is not working.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Guest network isolation in AP mode after firmware upgrade
2021-11-30 15:54:44

@Alexandre. You're right, waiting a few minutes solved the problem. Thanks! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 784

Replies: 2

Related Articles