Satellite M5 randomly disconnects from Mesh Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-01 10:13:47
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.7 Build 20210819 Rel.43499

Hi,

I am having issues with one of my satellite discs disconnecting from the mesh network seemingly randomly and throughout the day. When it is connected the speeds that it delivers are poor. This is not due to the available bandwidth as when I disconnect it, my home office connects to the m5 in my kitchen with no problem and with speeds of upto 10mb for download.

I have ensured that I have the latest firmware on them but this continues to be a problem. I have tried multiple reboots/hard resets which appears to sort the issue for a few hours and then it drops out again. I would appreciate some advice on what could be causing this.

This set up i had worked fine for a number of months but it has now become unworkable with these disconnections.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Satellite M5 randomly disconnects from Mesh Network
2021-12-01 12:49:55

@Pharoahe9 

I am assuming you have Main Deco M5 and two or more Satellite Deco M5, correct? 

If this is the case, one simple test you can do is take problematic Satellite M5 and swap places with working Satellite M5. If problem follows to the new place, something may be wrong with that problematic Deco M5 hardware. If working Satellite M5 starts experience same problem after the swap, and problematic has issue go away, there is something with where problematic Satellite M5 is placed.

Options