Setting up wifi access points where I did not need to login to different SSIDs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-07 06:20:19 - last edited 2021-12-08 03:07:31

So I basically want this as shown in this page

https://www.tp-link.com/in/home-networking/deco/deco-m9-plus/

But I wanted the wifi device to be powered over ethernet and possibly ceiling mounted. Is this possible?

I wanted the 1 SSID for my home network and these 2-3 wifi emitting devices should be powered over ethernet via my tp-link switch which has 4 ports as PoE.

So I basically wanted this "Roaming Feature" and the devices should be powered over ethernet. My house is 1 floor and has 4 bedrooms.

Which product should I buy?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Setting up wifi access points where I did not need to login to different SSIDs-Solution
2021-12-07 15:41:56 - last edited 2021-12-08 03:07:31

@Damngflo 

Deco mesh does not support PoE. You could try third party PoE adapters with Deco, but it adds complexity. If PoE is a must for you, you should research different brands of WiFi mesh.

The rest is achievable with Deco M9 Plus and Deco M5: wall or ceiling mount using separetely bought third party holders, single SSID and seamless roaming between WiFi nodes (Deco units).

I have M9 Plus wall mounted with Wall Mount Holder by Koroaro, it's been a year and it runs just fine.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Setting up wifi access points where I did not need to login to different SSIDs
2021-12-07 11:29:58

@Damngflo bump

Options
Re:Setting up wifi access points where I did not need to login to different SSIDs-Solution
2021-12-07 15:41:56 - last edited 2021-12-08 03:07:31

@Damngflo 

Deco mesh does not support PoE. You could try third party PoE adapters with Deco, but it adds complexity. If PoE is a must for you, you should research different brands of WiFi mesh.

The rest is achievable with Deco M9 Plus and Deco M5: wall or ceiling mount using separetely bought third party holders, single SSID and seamless roaming between WiFi nodes (Deco units).

I have M9 Plus wall mounted with Wall Mount Holder by Koroaro, it's been a year and it runs just fine.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 423

Replies: 2

Related Articles