Unable to ssh another systems in LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-16 13:25:05
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

Hi 

I have installed a VM in oracle virtual box and given a static ip. I am trying to connect via putty but its not connecting. I am able to ping the ip address. I tried to do telnet but its not connecting. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to ssh another systems in LAN
2021-12-16 21:45:16

@venkateshpadala 

Communication within your LAN should not be affected by the router if it explicitly was not configured to do so.

I would check the VM network configuration to be sure it's properly confgigured - here some info about the network modes in Oracle VM VirtulaBox:

https://blogs.oracle.com/scoter/post/oracle-vm-virtualbox-networking-options-and-how-to-manage-them

Apart from that check if any firewall installed on the VM is not blocking this type of access.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 482

Replies: 1

Related Articles