Archer C7 as access point only?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 as access point only?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Archer C7 as access point only?
2017-02-08 14:22:16

ebourne wrote

I'm using a TL-R600VPN as the main, with DHCP running on it. Since tether is connecting to my archer, I only see a handful of devices now, rather then all the bits and pieces on wifi I used to. Am I stuck because the archer is no longer the dhcp host?

Yep, you're right. Actually Tether is designed to handle the devices when it works as a router. When you set it up as an AP, it will not be able to control the devices.
Options
2017-02-09 06:35:28

tplink wrote

Yep, you're right. Actually Tether is designed to handle the devices when it works as a router. When you set it up as an AP, it will not be able to control the devices.

is DHCP the key? If I toogle DHCP off on my 600 and toogle it back on on my archer c7, will that give me what I want?
Options
2017-02-09 15:14:08

ebourne wrote

I'm using a TL-R600VPN as the main, with DHCP running on it. Since tether is connecting to my archer, I only see a handful of devices now, rather then all the bits and pieces on wifi I used to. Am I stuck because the archer is no longer the dhcp host?

Unless tether has been updated to be more useful, I always found it a waste. I prefer Netgear Genie (you can even use without netgear devices) to see all connected users. I have four routers on my network, connected via powerline adapters, and I can access each from any device.
Options