bad connection between m5 decos

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-23 22:12:37
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.5.7

Have a deco m5 3 pack installed on a farm house.

Walls are from wood not from concrete.

Now i see that the connections between the decos are very low, 1 bar yellow.

The deco's lose connection by time.

When i place more m5 decos between the decos then the signal is better, but in need to place a deco every 5 meters.

I also tried to place a m9 but thats not much better.

The farm is 2 floors but long, i think 25 meters.

I also tried to put the decos first floor, second floor, first floor, second floor etc but also not better.

Reset and update al decos also not a solution.

Deco's looks fine because setup with no problems.

So far i cant find other devices that can disturb the signal.

It seems a little bit strange that i need to put a deco every 5m, i expect more signal.

I dont know what to do now to solve this problem ...

Options
4 Reply
Re:bad connection between m5 decos
2021-12-24 01:37:40 - last edited 2021-12-24 01:40:09

@pvdh 

I live in regular US style house with wooden floors and drywall for interior walls. The distance between one of my Satellite Deco M5 and Main Deco it is connected to is about 7 meters, and they are on different floors. I am getting two blue bars for that Satellite Deco:

Speedtest on smartphone connected to that Satellite M5 provides results in the range of 100Mbps to 200Mbps.

Each house is different, of course.

Where is your Main Deco M5 located: in the middle of the farmhouse, at one of corners, on the first floor, on the second floor? 

With three Deco, one Main and two Satellite, do both Satellite Deco connect to Main Deco? When you add more Satellite Deco, do each of them connect to nearest Deco or all connect to Main Deco?

Can you put Ethernet cable(s) through the house? When wired, Deco M5 provide much better WiFi performance.

Options
2021-12-24 13:56:06

@Alexandre. 

signal with a lot of decos is 2 blue bars
Main deco is on corner first floor

each deco is connecred to the nearest one

cable is not easy to create

Options
2021-12-24 14:08:36

@pvdh 

Did something change since your original post? You started with "the connections between the decos are 1 bar yellow" and now you are saying "signal with a lot of decos is 2 blue bars."

Two blue bars is proper signal quality for Satellite Deco. If you have to move them closer to each other to achieve that, it is what you have to do, even if you have to increase total number of Deco M5 to provide full coverage for your house. 

I am surprised you don't see improvement when using M9. My Satellite M9 connected to Main M9 wirelessly gets substantially higher WiFi speeds than Satellite M5. Deco M9 is also a better choice for multi-hop setup, such as Main<->Satellite 1<->Satellite 2. With M5, you will lose about a half of WiFi speed with every hop, with M9 it should be less.

Options
2021-12-24 15:08:05

@Alexandre. 

i mean when i place a couple of decos then i have bad signal between decos.

when i place a lot more then i have good signal.

but i think a deco every 5 meters is not normal.

i place the m9 to improve the coverage between the decos, not the speed, but in coverage is nothing more then the m5

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 600

Replies: 4

Related Articles